Are you considering the Power of Reading for 2018-19? Find out where projects are running nationally
The Power of Reading and Power of Reading in the Early Years are proven to raise children's literacy achievement. Established for 13 years, over 5000 teachers have taken part in the training which enhances teachers’ knowledge of quality literature and develops their ability to use it in the classroom.
Power of Reading and Power of Reading in the Early Years 2018-19 are taking place in the following regions:
Power of Reading
London - dates for 2018-19 to be confirmed please contact po[email protected]
"Children's writing has developed immensely and progress has accelerated. Our children now love reading and approach writing bursting with ideas" Headteacher, Power of Reading Project 2016-17
Power of Reading training includes:
- 4 whole day INSET sessions designed to develop teachers’ subject knowledge and ability to implement the programme immediately in their classrooms
- Practical and evidence based training to enhance knowledge of the approaches proven to raise children’s engagement and attainment in reading and writing
- An additional free place for a senior leader on the first and last days to support whole school engagement
- A whole school subscription to the resource-packed website with access to nearly 200 teaching sequences and 1000 examples of good practice, supporting class teaching and CPD from EYFS up to KS2
- 20 books for each teacher on the course, carefully chosen to increase knowledge of high quality literature to use in their classroom and develop their own responses as readers
- Gap tasks designed to support the successful implementation of the programme including how to improve the literacy environment
Have a question about Power of Reading or want to book a regional project? Email [email protected] or phone 020 7902 2295. Photography takes place at some of our events. If you have any concerns please email [email protected] or talk to a member of CLPE staff.