Getting It Write
A One Day Writing Conference
Explore how to develop a whole school ethos for the enjoyment of writing with renowned grammar and writing expert, David Crystal and award-winning children’s author and zoologist, Nicola Davies.
Delegates will participate in two practical workshops which will demonstrate how to inspire a love of writing for all children from EYFS to KS2. Each will be run by a CLPE teacher alongside a school based practitioner who will demonstrate proven impact on the children they teach and on their school approach to the teaching of writing.
Essential for literacy leaders and all teachers, the day will explore:
● The fundamental link between reading and writing
● The teaching of grammar and language in context
● Promoting high standards in the teaching of writing
● How to create a range of writing opportunities including fiction and non-fiction
● Creating authentic purposes for writing
● Creative writing techniques
This conference will support teachers to interpret policy with integrity and use pedagogical approaches based on proven research to support the development of a whole school writing culture.
The day will be underpinned by the research behind the CLPE Writing Scale. Find out more about this free resource here
Early booking is encouraged as places are limited. Please note registration for this conference opens at 9.30am.
"What an inspiring day! Lots to share with colleagues when I get back to school. Hugely exciting!"Conference Delegate, March 2017