Inspiring Writers KS1 Sussex
Please note that this course has already taken place.
This course took place in Sussex. Venue details are at the bottom of the page.
Participants on this course will explore the writing process in KS1, including ways to develop classroom literacy environments and key routines for writing in order to support children as developing writers. They will look closely at the important contribution made by quality texts and the use of creative approaches to develop language, imagination and structure talk and thinking in preparation for writing.
Participants will have the opportunity to write across a range of genres to explore the importance of modelled writing. The course will also explore how to make writing a cohesive experience, including how to embed phonics, spelling, vocabulary and grammar in a text based unit of work.
- To understand the importance of the relationship between reading and writing and examine the role literature can play in preparing children for writing
- To explore the key approaches and contexts which support children to write for purpose and audience across a range of genres, using a high quality text as a starting point
- An understanding of the writing process and how writing develops for children at different stages
- Knowledge of how to plan for writing across genres in a text based unit of work showing children how to structure their ideas and write for a purpose
- An awareness of how to contextualise the teaching of phonics, spelling, vocabulary and grammar in a context rich approach
- Course cost includes high quality text and teaching sequence to immediately implement aspects of the course in the classroom
- Course cost includes refreshment and lunch
- To book please use the booking information at the top of the page
Every Child a Reader Service are pleased to be working in Partnership with The Centre for Literacy in Primary Education (CLPE).