Power of Reading
This is the fourth Power of Reading training running in 2017-18. The others have sold out. Find out where Power of Reading training is running outside London
The Power of Reading and Power of Reading in the Early Years from CLPE are proven to raise children's literacy achievement. Established for thirteen years, over 4500 teachers have taken part in the projects which enhance teachers’ knowledge of high quality literature and develop their ability to use it creatively in the classroom.
This 4 day course includes:
- 4 full day INSET sessions designed by our highly experienced team of teachers which will directly support literacy practice in the classroom
- Free place for headteacher or senior leader to the morning of INSET 1 and the whole day final conference
- 2 packs of carefully chosen children's books (20 books per teacher) and selected associated teaching resources
- An audit of classroom/school literacy provision and support to develop a whole school approach to reading and writing
- Children's book groups to increase enthusiasm for high quality literature and understanding of how to share this in the classroom
- A subscription to a resource-packed website which hosts over 190 teaching sequences for EYFS to KS2, explanations of our teaching approaches and over 1500 examples of good practice (website access will commence on day one of the training)
- An introduction to CLPE Reading and Writing scales have been introduced to help teachers strengthen formative assessment, understand a child’s journey to becoming literate and support progress for every child
- Opportunities to meet leading children's authors and poets including Chris Haughton (SSHH we have a plan!) and CLiPPA 2016 winner Sarah Crossan (One)
The Power of Reading is fully aligned to and meets all requirements of the National Curriculum 2014.
- Power of Reading in the Early Years training is available at a discounted rate for schools booking on the Power of Reading at CLPE.
- Consortium or school groups booking 10 places will pay just £1000 per place. Please email Gwyneth Dear to book
Bringing the Power of Reading project to you
We can deliver the project to groups of schools in a local area. For more information about commissioning a local project please contact Gwyneth Dear, Business Development Manager or phone 020 7902 2295
We have teamed up with Zen Educate, a smart new way to arrange cover. If you are a London school you will be able to get £100* off your first day of supply.
*Terms and conditions apply.
"Children's writing has developed immensely and progress has accelerated. Our children now love reading and approach writing bursting with ideas and confidence."Headteacher, 2017