Power of Reading in the Early Years
This successful training engages teachers and children in the Early Years language and literacy curriculum with high quality books and creative teaching approaches, set within the expectations of the EYFS 2014. In its fourth year, the Power of Reading in the Early Years was developed to address the unique teaching and learning requirements of the Early Years Foundation Stage.
Schools which have booked on the Power of Reading at CLPE receive a discounted place on this course for just £950.
This project offers in depth EYFS training in areas including talk and story, rhyme and song and outdoor texts.
The project offers:
- 4 training days comprising of 2 conferences for teachers and head teachers and 2 full day inset sessions for key teachers at CLPE
- Opportunities for practitioners at all levels of experience to reflect on and develop their practice and pedagogy
- Access to an inspiring website of resources, including over 190 teaching sequences and hundreds of examples of good practice
- 2 packs of carefully chosen children’s books for each project teacher with associated teaching sequences
- Discussion through book groups to raise teachers’ knowledge of children’s books
- An audit of classroom provision and support to develop a whole school approach to reading
- An opportunity to meet and listen to a leading children’s author
Participants will gain:
• A comprehensive understanding of the fundamental principles that underpin the sound and effective teaching of literacy in the early years
• Extensive, quality CPD in the approaches that are research proven to raise young childrens’ engagement and attainment
• Opportunities to network and share good practice with other practitioners
"The project has had a huge impact in the EYFS. The team have been so excited by the books and teaching sequences. It has been instrumental in giving more confidence and inspiration to our teachers."Headteacher, 2017