Supporting Grammar, Punctuation and Vocabulary for Teaching Assistants
New Course for 2017-18
Explore practical approaches that support all children to use grammar effectively in their writing. Teaching Assistants on this training will develop a thorough understanding of the expectations for grammar, punctuation and vocabulary across all primary phases.
- Learn to create a talk rich learning environment for all children that supports language acquisition, reading comprehension and writing
- Investigate how children absorb grammar use through reading and discussing texts
- Develop knowledge of high quality texts that aid the teaching of language, vocabulary and grammar
- Understand and explore the importance of purpose and audience in children's writing
- Explore practical ways to encourage children to make effective grammatical choices in their writing
- Understand the significance of engaging children in the whole writing process when making choices in language, grammar and punctuation
Teaching Assistants on this training will receive a carefully selected book as well as practical ways to incorporate grammar into high quality literacy sessions.
We have teamed up with Zen Educate, a smart new way to arrange cover. If you are a London school you will be able to get £100* off your first day of supply.
*Terms and conditions apply.
"If grammatical knowledge, spelling and punctuation are to make positive contributions to children’s writing, they need to be taught and assessed in the context of writing meaningful texts, not as sets of ‘facts’ or ‘rules’."UKLA, 2013